How To Launch An NFT Collection
In this article, you’ll discover how to launch an NFT collection yourself step-by-step.
This is a zero-fluff guide we’ve extracted from analyzing 127+ launches.
There are no complex rules, but we’ll specify the 20% input to give you the maximum return.
You’ll also learn about some challenges you may face along the way.
Note: This article focuses on graphical content and digital art, but the same principles can be applied to any type of content that can be tokenized.
If you’re an artist or creative looking to launch your own NFT project, this article is for you.
Let’s get started!
What to consider before launching an NFT project
Before you launch your NFT project, there are a few things you need to take into account.
You need to consider the following:
- The type of content you want to tokenize can be anything from digital art to 3D models, audio files, or even video footage. The sky’s the limit!
- The size and scope of your project: Are you planning on launching a single NFT or an entire collection?
- Your budget: Tokenizing your content will likely require upfront costs, such as gas fees and marketing expenses. Make sure you have a solid budget in place before moving forward.
- Your audience: Who are you making your NFTs for? Considering your target audience before launch is essential, as this will inform your marketing strategy.
Now that we’ve gone over some of the things you need to consider before launching your NFT project, let’s answer a few critical questions that’ll highly influence success.
Craft a compelling story
Why should anyone buy your NFTs?
This is perhaps the most crucial question you need to answer before launching your NFT project.
Take a buyer’s posture:
What’s unique about these jpegs or 3D models?
Is there a back story?
What’s the value proposition?
Do they come with additional benefits, such as exclusive access to a Discord channel or early access to new content?
Answering these questions will help you craft a compelling story that’ll attract buyers and give them a reason to invest in your NFTs.
Set a fair price
Set a fair price if you want people to take your NFTs seriously.
This is tricky, as there’s no established market for NFTs yet.
One way to come up with a fair price is to consider the value of similar NFTs that have been sold in the past.
You can also look at the underlying asset’s value (e.g., the digital art file or 3D model).
Another method is to consider the time and effort you put into creating the NFT.
Once you have a general idea of what your NFT is worth, add a 20-30% markup to account for gas fees and marketing expenses.
Know your audience, but don’t stress it.
Here’s a hard truth. The majority of your NFT buyers will flip it for a profit.
So don’t stress too much about choosing a target audience.
Instead, focus on communicating your story and creating high-value assets.
Even after flip profits, an audience that values your NFTs will continue supporting you by buying your future NFTs, attending events, and sharing your content.
Market. An audience is your best bet.
A simple rule could be to create your NFT art, then market it online.
Well, that’s why thousands of NFT projects are dumped without profit.
The top 127 NFT projects have something in common; they build an audience and take them through the creative journey.
Popular mediums include Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Reddit, and Youtube.
Don’t try to be in all of them; that’s too much work.
You should start with one or two, build an audience there then move on.
When you have a couple of thousand followers genuinely interested in what you’re doing, it’ll be easier to sell them your NFTs.
You may consider shutting down the project if they don’t buy the idea.
Partner with Influencers
If you’re on a tight budget, don’t stress this step. Focus on building an audience.
If you have the cash to spare, consider partnering with influencers in your space.
This is a great way to get exposure to your project and attract buyers.
Even if you have a large audience and are confident in your marketing skills, influencer partnerships can still be valuable to your NFT launch strategy.
Strategic partnerships can boost the perceived value of your NFTs and help you reach a wider audience.
This is the easy part! Creating the content you want to tokenize. This can be digital art, 3D models, audio files, or anything else that can be stored digitally.
If real art, sculptures, or physical products, you’ll need to use a 3D scanner to convert your content into a digital file.
If you’re creating a few digital arts, you can design with illustrator or any digital art software.
But, if it’s the 1000-plus project collection, you’ll need to use an NFT generator.
NFT generators will often require you to create the NFT parts and layers.
The most popular generators include:
- NFT Art Generator
- My Unique NFT
See this video.
Choose the right marketplace
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to choose the right platform or marketplace to launch your NFT project.
The most popular marketplaces for launching NFT projects are:
- OpenSea: The most significant NFT marketplace, with a wide range of assets and a large community.
- Rarible: A popular choice for artists and creative professionals, focusing on digital art and collectibles.
- Mintable: A good option if you’re looking to mint a large number of NFTs, as they offer bulk minting at a lower cost.
- SuperRare: A popular platform for digital artists with a curated selection of high-quality artworks.
- Foundation: An exclusive platform for NFTs, focusing on quality over quantity.
See our detailed guide on the best NFT marketplaces for artists.
Launch your NFT collection with a bang
Now it’s time for the launch!
This is where all your hard work comes together.
Make sure you have a solid plan for launching your NFT project, as this will be critical for its success.
There are a few things to keep in mind when launching your NFT project:
- Create a landing page: This is where people will go to learn about your NFT project and decide whether they want to participate.
- Make a video: A launch video is a great way to introduce your project and get people excited about it.
- Write a press release: This is a great way to generate interest and media coverage for your project.
- Create social media content: This will help you build buzz and generate interest in your project.
- Plan a launch event: A launch event is a great way to generate excitement and get people talking about your project.
Promote, promote, promote
Once your NFT project is live, it’s time to promote it!
There are several ways to promote your NFT collection. (we’ve mentioned this, but this shows you how important it is.)
- Use social media: This is a great way to reach a broad audience and generate interest in your project.
- Contact influencers: If you have the budget, consider partnering with influencers to help promote your project.
- Host a giveaway: A giveaway is a great way to generate interest and get people talking about your project.
- Write a blog post: A blog post is a great way to generate interest and get people talking about your project.
- Submit to directories: There are several NFT directories that you can submit your project to. This is a great way to get exposure and generate interest.
There you have it. These are the 9 steps you need to take to launch your own NFT project.
If you follow these steps, you’ll be well on launching a successful NFT project.